Monday, September 26, 2005

our schools

Is our educational system sustainable? We teach our children sometimes the curriculum given to us by means that the government finds appropriate. Then we test these children through a standard test. The test is supposed to allow us to see how well our teachers are teaching and how well our children are learning. Instead it seems that our teachers are teaching our children just the knowledge they will need for that specific standardized test. I know that when I was in school, my goal even as a small child was to memorize, regurgitate it, and then let is pass so I could learn other things. I never applied my knowledge or understood the importance of learning it until just recently, a strange concept for a sustainable world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home