Monday, September 26, 2005

I believe that penguins are one of the most fascinating creatures on this earth. I recently saw the movie March of the Penguins and I believe that penguins have a sustainable way of life. I don’t think it is the most efficient though they have made it work. Because they have adapted to the harsh climate of Antarctica they are able to be alive and thrive. They have the ability to store food in a way that allows them to fast for months on end and also allows the mother to regurgitate for her young, because the mating spot is 70 miles away. It is a sustainable community because they last, use the resources they have, are definitely a team work society (huddling to keep warm), yet independent, who take risks and are successful. I find penguins to be incredibly sustainable with the means they have been given.

1 Comments:

At 8:13 AM, Blogger Life and stuff said...

Yay for penguins!!!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home